This beautiful Golden Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup is a healthy, vegan soup. Perfect as a starter or side dish, each satisfying spoonful is flavoured with leek, garlic and a hint of cumin and turmeric. With less than 10 ingredients, you will love how easy it is to make!
Golden Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup
My love affair with Instant Pot soup continues with this golden beauty. Usually I’m a roasted cauliflower soup type of girl, but lately I’m loving the one pot, set-it-and-forget-it convenience of the Instant Pot. Fewer dishes to wash is always a win, right?
Because we’re not roasting the cauliflower for this soup, it really needs flavour boosters like leek and garlic. I use what seems like a lot of garlic, but it really works in the Instant Pot. Trust me.
The cumin and turmeric flavours do not overpower the soup, but if you’re not a fan of these flavours, you can totally skip them. Just note that you won’t get the vibrant yellow colour if you don’t use the turmeric. Though you could also try using an orange cauliflower for a more vibrant colour, if you can find one!
No time to make this now? Pin it for later!
- Olive oil
- Leeks – two large stalks, white and light green part only, or about 2 cups once sliced (be sure to rinse well in a colander after slicing to get ’em clean!).
- Cauliflower – choose a large head of cauliflower to achieve a thick soup.
- Garlic – I use eight (yes, eight!) cloves. We’re not roasting the cauliflower for this soup, so I find the garlic gives the oomph we’re not getting from roasting.
- Vegetable broth – I use three cups in the Instant Pot and you can add more broth after blending if you prefer a thinner soup.
- Ground cumin
- Ground turmeric – optional. There’s just a hint of turmeric flavour in the soup. I use it more to achieve the beautiful yellow colour.
- White wine vinegar
- Salt & pepper – I like to season with salt after cooking, because the amount you need will depend on the saltiness of your broth.
How to Make It
1. Press the Sauté button on the Instant Pot. Warm olive oil over medium heat, then sauté the leeks until softened. Add the minced garlic and sauté for up to a minute until the garlic is fragrant, stirring continuously. Turn off the Sauté function.
2. Add about 1/4 cup of the broth to the leeks and scrub any brown bits off the bottom of the insert (this prevents a burn warning). Then add the cauliflower, remaining broth, cumin, turmeric, and white wine vinegar to the Instant Pot. Give it a little stir, then put the top on the Instant Pot and set to sealing. Cook on Manual pressure for 8 minutes. It will take 13-15 minutes to come to pressure.
3. At the end of cooking time, quick release the pressure. Use an immersion blender to blend the soup in the Instant Pot, or carefully transfer the cooked soup into a high speed blender. Blend until smooth. Add the sea salt to taste (I used a teaspoon – use more or less depending on the saltiness of your broth). You can also add more broth if you prefer a thinner soup. Serve immediately or cool and store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Other Instant Pot Soups You May enjoy
Leave a comment below if you have any questions and follow along on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
Golden Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 stalks leeks, sliced (white and light green parts only, about 2 cups sliced)
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric (optional, used mainly for colour)
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- sea salt (to taste, I used 1 teaspoon)
- Pepper (to taste)
- swirl of olive oil
- pumpkin seeds
- chopped chives
- Press the Sauté button on the Instant Pot. Heat the olive oil, then sauté the sliced leeks until softened. Add the minced garlic and sauté for another minute, stirring continuously, until garlic is fragrant. Turn off the Sauté function.
- Deglaze the insert by adding 1/4 cup of the broth and use a wooden or plastic spatula to scrub any brown bits off the bottom of the insert (this prevents a burn warning). Then add the cauliflower, remaining broth, ground cumin, ground turmeric and white wine vinegar. Give it a stir, close the Instant Pot and set the lid to sealing. Cook on Manual high pressure for 8 minutes. It will take 13-15 minutes to come to pressure.
- At the end of cooking time, quick release the pressure. Use an immersion blender to blend the soup directly in the Instant Pot, or carefully transfer the soup to a high speed blender (be sure to protect your hands if you're touching the hot insert!). Blend until smooth. If you prefer a thinner soup, add more broth as you're blending. Add the sea salt and black pepper to taste. Serve immediately or cool and store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Inactive time indicates the time it takes for for the Instant Pot to come to pressure + release pressure after cooking.
- This recipe was tested in a 6-quart Instant Pot model.