This Apple Cinnamon Smoothie is the perfect way to start a busy fall morning. With ingredients like almond butter, hemp hearts, chia seeds and rolled oats, this smoothie is filled with protein and healthy fats. You’ll be satisfied until lunch!
If you’re looking for more fall breakfast ideas, try this Pumpkin Spice Baked Oatmeal!
It’s officially fall! My favourite time of year. There’s something about September that puts me in an optimistic mood. It used to mean a new pencil case and fresh binders (anyone else get as excited as I do about new school supplies?). But now, I get excited for crisp mornings and fall fashion. I love sweater weather.
It might be getting cooler outside, but that doesn’t mean we need to give up our morning smoothies! This Apple Cinnamon Smoothie is a great breakfast choice for busy mornings. With rolled oats, almond butter, hemp hearts and chia seeds, the protein and healthy fats will keep you full until lunch time.
This smoothie is also perfect for meal prep. Make it the night before and the rolled oats and chia seeds combine to create an even thicker consistency.
- Apples – large size, a sweet variety is best. Keep the skin on for the fibre!
- Almond milk – or any milk of your choice
- Rolled oats – brings nice texture to the smoothie by thickening it. Be sure to use a gluten-free variety, if needed.
- Almond butter – any nut butter works, or use Sunbutter for a nut-free option
- Hemp hearts & chia seeds – excellent sources of protein and healthy fat
- Medjool date – added for sweetness. Be sure to remove the pit! You could substitute with a tablespoon of maple syrup.
- Ice cubes – 2 large handfuls or about 8 regular-sized ice cubes
How to make it
So easy! Put all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately. For meal prep, pour the smoothie into two regular-size mason jars and seal with the lids.
More delicious smoothie recipes
Apple Cinnamon Smoothie
- 1.5 cups almond milk
- 2 large apples, sliced (washed well, skin on)
- 1/3 cup rolled oats (gluten free, if necessary)
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 Medjool date (be sure to remove the pit)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 handfuls ice cubes
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend on high until smooth. Serve immediately or store in mason jars with lids. Consume within a day.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please leave a review below!
I’d love to hear from you!
Hey, I’m Laura!
Creator of The Recipe Well
I love food and cooking, but hate doing the dishes. I use my nutrition degree to create easy, approachable recipes that will help you find your happy place in the kitchen.