Liven up your morning with this Strawberry Banana Smoothie! Made in just 5 minutes with 5 ingredients, this high protein smoothie will keep you full until lunch!
I’m posting this beautiful pink Strawberry Banana Smoothie just in time for Valentine’s day! That wasn’t intentional, but it would make a nice addition to a Valentine’s breakfast in bed or brunch.
Normally, I’m all about smoothies that have a handful of greens thrown in (I sneak green into everything I can! 😇), but we’re keeping it simple for this one.
You will love this smoothie because
- you only need 5 ingredients
- it has an amazing texture: frostiness from the frozen strawberries combined with creaminess from the banana and yogurt
- Greek yogurt adds a good amount of protein to keep you full all morning
- you can make it the night before, saving you time on busy mornings
- kids love this flavour, so it’s perfect for the whole family
- Frozen strawberries – important to use frozen, so you don’t need to dilute the smoothie with ice!
- Bananas – you’ll need two, medium to large size
- Greek yogurt – added for protein and extra creaminess
- Milk – any variety will work. If you’re looking for a lower calorie option, try almond milk.
- Vanilla extract – adds nice flavour. If you don’t have any, you can leave this out and it will still be delicious!
How to make it
Put all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. That’s it!
Tips for success
- Add more milk as needed. This is a thick smoothie. If your blender is having a hard time breaking down the frozen strawberries, add more liquid to help it blend.
- Do not add ice. You won’t get the same intensity of flavour if you use fresh fruit and ice. If you have fresh strawberries on hand, freeze the bananas instead. I tend to use frozen strawberries because they’re often a cost effective way to buy them, especially when they’re not in season.
- Make two at a time. Don’t halve the recipe! Even if you’re just making smoothies for yourself, have one today and save the other for tomorrow. Eat twice, clean the blender once!
Other smoothie recipes you may enjoy
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- 3 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk (any variety)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Add more milk as needed to reach your desired consistency. Serve immediately, or store in the refrigerator in sealed mason jars. Consume within a day.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please leave a review below!
I’d love to hear from you!