Green Ginger Smoothie
Start your morning right with this refreshing Green Ginger Smoothie! Made with pineapple, orange, a healthy dose of spinach and warming ginger, you will love every sip!
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Dry Measure Cups
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach about two large handfuls
- 1 orange, peeled medium-large size
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, frozen
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled (see note 1) 1.5-2 inch length or about 10g
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts optional
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds optional
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed optional
- stevia extract optional, or honey if not vegan
- If you don't have a high-speed blender, I suggest grating or mincing the ginger before adding it to the smoothie. Even with my Vitamix, it takes some time for the ginger to be broken down. The smoothie could have an unpleasant texture if bigger pieces/strings remain.
- Nutrition estimate includes all ingredients except the sweetener.
Calories: 299kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 354mg | Potassium: 482mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 3086IU | Vitamin C: 83mg | Calcium: 481mg | Iron: 4mg